Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's raining games, Hallelujah!

So I've had an influx of games come in the mail from my good friend e-bay. He's a nice guy but he's always borrowing money and never paying me back. Future Shop also supported the cause and delivered my shiny new MGS4 Collector's edition. I'm not sure which collector's edition it is because there were a bunch released back in the day.

So what games have made it into my collection you ask? Well, the big ones were Fatal Frame for the Xbox and Folklore for the PS3. I now have the complete collection of the other survival horror series except for the Japanese only Wii title. The first of the series is definitely near the top of my to play list as I just had a testimonial from a fellow collector tell me that I will literally wet myself in fear.

I've been eyeing Folklore for awhile now and I finally found a decent deal. This will bump my total PS3 games to 5 (Resistance, LittleBigPlanet, MGS4 and InFAMOUS being the others) and this game stood out from the other console exclusive games. The art style of Folklore's world and the strong narrative elements it seemed to possess.



A few days before the arrival of the cursed original Fatal Frame (I say that because it took 3 attempts of securing it on e-bay to finally get the blasted thing, and wouldn't you know it, no instruction manual), Fatal Frame 2 came with a whole bunch of PS2 titles for my collection. It was just easier and cheaper to buy a bunch of meh games to find a diamond in the rough. The other standouts in this stack o' games are:

- Dark Cloud 2
- Twisted Metal: Black
- Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal
- Gran Turismo 4

Some of the random games were:

- Ace Combat 4 & 5 (never been into flight sims really)
- Onimusha 3
- Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend
- Sega Genesis Collection (which has about 6 games that aren't in my other collection)

So most of these will end up on the bottom of my to play list. Trust me when I say the list is huge. Maybe I'll post it up here someday, but it's always twisting and changing. But definitely keep an eye out for me to break out the 'scare-o-meter' for the Fatal Frame series.

No comments: