Friday, October 3, 2008

Rock Out at Wal-Mart

You can now get even more AC/DC at superstores other than buying old vacuum cleaners (Don't get it? Go back to physics class). Sam's Club and Wal-Mart are offering an exclusive, in store offer to get the AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack for $39.88 for the 360, PS3, Wii and $29.88 for the PS2.

While wikipedia has it down for Nov. 16 release in North America, ign has it down for an 'US release' with 'Europe, Australia and New Zealand will also get the pack for all four consoles in December.' Guess who gets left out again?

As some of you may remember we Canadians had to wait until December of '07 for the first Rock Band to come out, which happened to be 2 months 2 days later than our American counterparts. The reason for this was given as 'localization' that the Canadian carts had to be shipped with french instructions as well.

If memory serves me right, there was no french instructions in my Rock Band. Many people thought that the delay was to be able to create the supply for the overwhelming demand for the popular rhythm game in the States... thereby giving us canucks the shaft.

So will we see AC/DC comes to our shores on Nov. 16. I've asked on the official Rock Band forums and I'm waiting back to hear from no one. I'll put it right up here if I hear anything.

There's also been backlash against the corporate whoring of this product, Wal-Mart being a big and easy target these days. I wonder if the same problems would arise if it was through Future Shop or Best Buy but I'm not sure. I'm not a fan of Wal-Mart either but that might just be by proxy. Unfortunately I won't boycott, even due to the high price, because I am a rabid Rock Band collector.

This blog isn't called 'Collections of a Video Game Confessor' for nothing.

No comments: